Buying or selling a home?
We’ve got you covered!
We provide legal services for all residential and commercial real estate transactions including the following:
- LReview of Agreement of Purchase and Sale
- LIndependent Legal Advice for a mortgage
- LPurchase of a new home from the builder
- LTitle transfer
- LSurvivorship applications
Every real estate transaction is unique.
Generally, a lawyer’s role in a residential real estate transaction includes the following:
- LReviewing the agreement of purchase and sale;
- LReviewing the plan of survey of the property (if available);
- LSearching the title of the property;
- LConducting other relevant searches, known as off-title searches;
- LAdvising the clients regarding title insurance and how to take title to the property;
- LPreparing or reviewing all of the necessary documents;
- LPreparing for the closing, including executing documents by the client;
- LDealing with the Mortgagee (lender);
- LClosing the transaction and registering the documents; and
- LProviding an opinion as to title or title insurance.
Our Estimated Fees
We offer our clients a stress-free, efficient and comprehensive experience and give them individual attention throughout the entire process.
This flat fee is based on a residential transaction for a vacant single-family property on the date of closing with mortgage instructions seven days prior to the closing date (if applicable).
The following disbursements are not included:
- LLand transfer tax
- LTitle insurance
- LRegistration cost per transfer or per mortgage
- LTitle searches, writ searches, two execution searches, bank charges, wire charges, conveyancer charges, software charges
- LTransaction levy